Support the show, consider donating:
For decades, academia and science have computing to address massive issues. Grid computing schemes that are distributed make it possible for donors to volunteer their computer’s idle assets toward projects that are scientific in physics, biology, and chemistry, in which large amounts of computing resources are necessary. These networks offer features such as outcome verification and error tolerance. And with the proliferation of mobile and IoT, the capacity for exceptionally grid networks has never been greater.
A researcher in the computer science study body Inria Gilles Fedak, joins us to explore a project that aims to construct a high-performance distributed cloud infrastructure market. Determined by mature grid computing technologiesutilizes Ethreum to organize a peer-to-peer market of computing resources, allowing anyone to rent their idle assets . If it succeeds to execute on its vision, this project could revolutionize computing through the commoditization of tools and price reduction.
Topics covered in this event:
- Gilles’ background as a distributed computing scientist
- Distributed computing and it’s applications in industry and science
- The issues we see in distributed computing networks
- The iExec job and its vision for a distributed computing source market
- The way iExec functions as an Ethereum intelligent contract
- The various components and participants of both iExec
- The iExec market and forthcoming crowds ale
- The project’s business model and roadmap
This episode has been hosted by Meher Roy & Sébastien Couture, also is availble on YouTube, SoundCloud, also our site.